Friday 21 February 2014

Birthday Boy!

Yesterday it was Tom's birthday ... so 1st on the list when I got the chance to craft the other night was his birthday card!

I went for the new trusty favourite of Banner Blast and punch and teamed it with the 'See Ya Later' Sale-A-Bration set using the Birthday stamp in it for the wording in it ... as last year was a significant birthday!

As for the colouring ... well Yellow is Tom's favourite colour so that was at the starting point

 A quick dash downstairs to ask his favourite colours (well after yellow) and reply came purple ... well I'd decided it should be 'brights' colour family so colour number two was Rich Razzleberry, I only have cardstock in that colour and no stamp pad yet (but can see that will soon come as its a colour I'm loving in combination with lots of others). So out came the rectangle framelits for the main stamp and mat ... and the Festive piercing pack came out for a bit of embellishment. I tried with a needle orginally but found the SU paper piercer is worth buying as it fits the holes unlike my original non-SU one.. 











Then came in the third colour in my combo, Bermuda Bay for the banners to go top and bottom. I twisted some bakers twine I already had and gold thread to give a little glitzy finish to the hanging line as I didn't have any of the SU gold bakers twine which its lovely for a little sparkle on items.
The twine was lined up by placing the card design face down on the grid paper so I could line up where on the other end it needed to come in... Grid paper is so useful when trying to line up items or designing out items to give an idea of size. With the twine taped to the inside face I put in copier paper insert to hide the ends ... and used some of the left over banners to decorate. Then keeping the banner theme used the Happy Birthday banner from the hostess set.
...and the card was happily received on Thursday along with a Goldfrapp ticket for later in the year ... and Lego movie as the birthday treat (we are a Lego loving household ... Everything is Awesome!)

I think the Daffodil Delight and Bermuda Bay combination will be reappearing on some more of my papercrafts soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment