Saturday 12 July 2014

Flower Shop Swap

A busy few months putting sea defences back together has meant a lack of posts... but the lovely sunny weather has helped keep the seas calm...

Today was quarterly training for the Stampin' Up group I'm with, as part of this we make a swap to share with the other demonstrators to share around inpsiration... I went with the new 2014-16 In Colours as base and had this as my swap to share.



The flowers are from the really versatile stamp set 'Flower Shop' combined with the Pansy Punch. The is a knack to make punching them out easily... there is one petal with a double bump (look at the bottom green petal) and this is at the back of the punch so stamp this petal to the edge of your card for easy punching. There are U-tube videos available to show this in more detail. 

The 2014-16 In Colours from left to right are: Lost Lagoon, Hello Honey, Blackberry Bliss, Mossy Meadow & Tangelo Twist.

Having stamped the flowers on very vanilla card I needed a coloured background to show the flowers off... and I felt kraft tones would suit the vanilla tone base so went for Crumb Cake cardstock. 

I don't have the Crumb Cake ink pad for tone on tone stamping so went for my favoured Baked Brown Sugar ink pad which has worked well. On the Crumb Cake are the 'Flowering Flourishes' at the bottom then my favourite sentiment stamp of the moment 'Life doesn't have to to be perfect to be wonderful' which comes from Perfect Pennants.

In reply I've received lots of inspiring ideas many using new catalogue items which is lovely to sometimes see things in real life rather than in the catalogue! Will study them in more detail over the next few days and maybe make versions of my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment