Friday 17 April 2015

Overdue Tealight Swap

A long time, lots of contract documents with work and a bit of mojo diversion to knitting for a while ... but time to catch up on make posts!

First off from way back in October when I headed to Brussels for the Stampin Up European Convention.. it was a blast, as best described to those who have experienced international Guide & Scout camps as ... an international camp for crafters with craft swaps instead of badges! 

So onto my swap ... a decorated tealight in a little box. I found myself "Ce une bougie dans la boite" to French demos a lot (don't know it in German...). 

So to start with the tealight... 
Punch out a 1" circle in white tissue (for a decent cut when using tissue paper, fold to 2-3layers and wrap in copier paper). 
Stamp design on the tissue circle (circular ones work best) and cut a cross slit in the middle to slip over the wick. Then with a heat gun melt the wax slightly so the tissue becomes embedded. 

 Then using the envelope punch board I made little boxes for the tealights to go into. Start with a 4" square piece of card. Starting punch dimensions on the board for both rounds on the envelope was the same, I think 1.5". 

Stamp your box, I used Endless Wishes from the Autumn Winter 2014 SU catalogue in Lost Lagoon, Wisteria Wonder, Smokey Slate and Pool Party. It was lovely snowflake design which appeared on a lot of my stamped items over this period!

Then I cut 1cm strips to form a belly band to hold the box shut which had a festive sentiment in the colour scheme I was using.


I had a bit of production line going to make up a pack of 100 Ikea tealights into these little goodies.... and in exchange got lots of swaps to inspire, and it was lovely to see some of the SU stamps a little differently in German and French!

No comments:

Post a Comment